Monday, June 30, 2008

Still very the slow.

Dated : 29 June '08
Place : Dataran Merdeka
Time : 6.30 something..
Achievement :o.5 % ? Haha..

So, here we are again, the 'running gang' . This time around was just the 4 of us. bro.G and Chong keat couldn't make it due to ... reason of their own. Poor chong keat though he was sick. But nevertheless, the 4 semangat ppl again ( this time with grace =), getting ready for the ' ADIDAS KING OF THE ROAD ' , this run was just supposed to be a warm up/training/run for fun.

I have to say, this time around.. the t-shirt that they give was way better than the much revealing jersey in Klang . Ahah!

Olympic day run - 7km only. The race started at 7.30am, and yet it took me 1 hour to finish the race -__-" I reached the finished line at about 8.30am.. Blame the 'ayam goreng' and all the McD and KFC throughout the week. I feel so weak and fat ( fat on the inside ) (weak on the legs) . Much running is needed. If I even want to win. 1000+ for only 30 medals.

Getting up as early as 4 something in the morning to prepare yourself for a run .. can be really
-_-" dreadful. As to, when you are just about to sleep, and then next thing you know .. your alarm clock is ringing. Thanks to Edwin, I was awake by the free wake up call service ( I prolly need that when I start college again. Haha ) Btw, looks like I wasn't the only Zombie-fied one that morning! =)

But there is something about running that I'll always love about. The message when I run, how I remember God's word in the bible, when we run the race. I certainly wanted that medal badly, but in return, a set of reminder that when we run the race, forgetting what is behind us and straining toward what is ahead, pressing on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. I myself will not be disqualified for THAT prize. Let's just say that this spoke closely to my heart that day, and I was singing it throughout the run.

" I'm running the race
Marked out for me, Oh Jesus
I'm keeping the pace
You've placed inside my heart

Stopping to hear your words
As I'm looking for strength above
Jesus lead me where
You want me to go
Lord I don't want to travel on
Roads that you know I don't belong
Jesus lead me where
You want me to go "

-Funny how God always speaks in ways we wouldn't see it coming

No comments: