Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Finishing strong..

" I can do this "

Was the words i was whispering to myself the very night before the race..
Funny how I was really into this race, i guess it was something new and different from the usual 'Merentas Desa' i used to run, it's been a while since I've run for a long mile. I seriously don't know how come i couldn't sleep that night.Ish.
I needed that sleep so much.haha.Well i did managed to rest my eyes for a while till..

chong keat
26-Apr-08 3:57am
Are you guys awake?

colin.G
26-Apr-08 3:59am
Yup ready d..

We left the house at about 4 am for a quick breakfast in Bukit Tinggi.
Yes..and it was non other than " A GREAT MORNING GOOD BREAKFAST!! "
kinda make you feel all semangat-ed for a run.Haha..



Ok. i got to admit. i was pretty excited
cause I've always wanted to eat in McD breakfast at 4am.

Bro.G was too! =)

We enjoyed our free burgers! woo =)

notice CK . i got no comment on that. haha

So yeah! after when we were done eating, getting all geared up, we were ready for the marathon!



Oh yeah! Some of us actually had a problem deciding whether to run with the 'SEXY SINGLET' or not..the holes were really big and i guess i wasn't used to it..

SIMPLY CAUSE I DON'T WEAR ARMPIT SHIRT!
BluekS~!!!

So ya, we reached! we got ready, warm up , ate some power bar (power power) and some raisins =) [ Edwin said power food ] prayed and off we were standing at the front line well because

chong keat : Eh, come let's get ready and stand at the front line.. so at least when we run. we can be FIRST for
at least 5 seconds?!!

5 seconds??!!

5.30am. Gun was fired..

*PAMP*

there was thousand running so semangat-ly! They were really fast man! Ah Kong, Ah Pek all. fuyoh! not bad !

Non of us really did get to taste that 5 second of victory...eheh

Honest truth? The race was really hard actually, some of the path way was like going a lil up hill and down. At that moment, could feel my leg starting to worn out and as i reach the first water station? I had 6 KM more to go.. -___-" sigh.. that 4 KM was really killer man i tell you. bluff people wan, felt as if it was more than that. I must say that i really did stop at the water station taking my time to drink .. =)

Running this race really got me thinking of Philippians 3 : 14 ' I press on toward the goal which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus'
I wouldn't share much about everything that happen, but i guess even though i did not go for worship that very morning? I had my own time of worship with God, through my surrounding was the message, as i run that very moment,was the message. I can't remember how many times i kept repeating as i whispered ' Do not give up no matter what. Do not! ' As I was reminded of Him in His word. ' You can do this Colin ' During my run, my chest ache for some reason ( don't know why ), muscle pulled , i was practically running half the mile with blisters on my left ankle, skin was rubbing against the shoe and tear..

Within 1 hour plus past,






Guess what?






I saw that finish line..





I did it.




We.. we all did!!! >_<
*bangga*

*bannga moments*

Overall
it was a really good experience..


I actually went with one expectation, to lose weight ( my tummy? ) so i could surprise Man ling seeing how hot/ sexy I am when she gets back? ahah.. okok..

Guess there was a good message behind all this =)

Thank you Lord..

Amen.





No comments: